[ale] Quickbooks?

Ken Kennedy kkennedy at kenzoid.com
Fri Feb 8 14:14:07 EST 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:40:29PM -0500, Irv Mullins wrote:

> On Friday 08 February 2002 01:21 pm, Lance Smith wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Is there an application out there that I can use that gives me similar
> > accounting functions for small business like Quickbooks?  I am currently
> > useing QB for Windoze but would like to practice what I am soon to be
> > preaching and need a Linux based Small Business accounting system.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> http://www.appgen.com --  supposed to be like QB
> http://www.linuxcanada.com/quasar.html -- i've looked at this, seems pretty
> complete
> http://www.conetic.com/acc/solutions.html  -- console mode system

Be aware that (it looks like to me; I could be wrong) all these are
non-Free Software solutions. If all you're interested in is "runs on
Linux", they work. If you're interested in promoting the Free Software
and Open Source community, GnuCash is such a solution.

Depends on what you're planning on preaching! *grin*

Ken Kennedy	| http://www.kenzoid.com	| kenzoid at io.com

 PGP signature