[ale] Quickbooks?

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Fri Feb 8 13:38:54 EST 2002

On Fri, 8 Feb 2002, Lance Smith wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there an application out there that I can use that gives me similar
> accounting functions for small business like Quickbooks?  I am currently
> useing QB for Windoze but would like to practice what I am soon to be
> preaching and need a Linux based Small Business accounting system.

Oddly enough, I ran across one about 10 minutes ago.  Check out
<http://www.linuxcanada.com/quasar.html>

(not yet a personal endorsement.  It's on my list of things to play with,
but hasn't made it to the top yet ;-)

There's also several personal financial accounting packages like GnuCash,
but those are all more like Quicken than Quickbooks.

later,
chris