[ale] Mounting win 2000 drives with Samba

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Feb 6 15:40:36 EST 2002

That's not a samba problem. It is a permission problem with the sharing
of the Win2k folders.

Check if the win2k is sharing as the share-level or user level. The
gnomba machine will need a username/password combo that is authorized by
a windows server somewhere as having access. If there is a required
login to access the network services, that login must be used to mount
the win2k drives/folders.

Don't use gnomba. It's error display is minimal. Use smbmount from a
commandline. This will let you see the full error as they occur.