[ale] root can't delete file?!?

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 15:23:10 EST 2002

After mounting a drive with samba and then unmounting
it, I was left with a directory called Blc (the
machine name) in my mount tmp directory.

Now, I can see the directory with ls, but any
operations upon the directory, whether stating it with
ls -l, removing it with rm -fR or rmdir, chmoding, etc
fail with the error message:
rm: cannot remove 'Blc': Permission denied

This happens even as root!  never seen this before.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!
John