[ale] OT: Viewing Habits Re: [ale] IBM linux e-server comercial.

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Wed Feb 6 11:03:38 EST 2002

After watching X-Files from its inception, I'm kind of bewildered by the
fact that we have missed every single episode this season.

I was definitely into Junkyard Wars but once you've gotten to the 28th
variation of "car" it's not quite the draw as it once was.  I also
vastly preferred Robert L. as co-host to the Americans.

The only thing we make a point of watching every week is Star Trek:
Enterprise, which, IMHO, doesn't suck like I feared it would.  It has
problems, yes, but so did the previous three series at first.
(already-instituted cliche of choice:  plots turn a corner with "We
didn't come out here to X" or "We came here to X, so..."  Boom, problem
solved, away warp two, roll credits).  I think it was very clever and
useful to create a "prequel" series but I'm having trouble reconciling
the world (galaxy, maybe?) of ST:E with the one of ST:TOS.

My wife likes to catch Special Unit 2 after ST:E and while I usually do
other things while it's on, I think it's very entertaining.

We enjoyed the first season of Witchblade (excellent casting of the
just-pretty-enough and just-gritty-enough Yancey Butler) and it'll be
running again on TNN perhaps as soon as this Monday.

My daughter sees much Animal Planet.  Rugrats on Nick is also caught
frequently.

For a while, my daughter and I would watch old Twilight Zones on Sci-Fi
(now ripped from AT&T's lineup, the jerks).  I expected to get a call
from her preschool director saying, "Mr. Hubbs, I've been informed that
your child is tormenting her classmates with ironic plot twists."

- Jeff