[ale] SNMP programming with PERL

Ken Nagorski kenn at refriedgeek.com
Sat Feb 2 11:18:54 EST 2002

Hi there,

Uhg, I am diving into the yukkie world of SNMP... I need to write a script
that gets the current bandwidth, doesn't matter if it's in bits bytes, or
whatever. I can work with it once I get it. I just can't seem to figure out
what oid it is?

Also - Anyone who might have experience with this? What perl modules are
best I was looking at one on the net but I don't know if there isn't a
better one?

Thanks - for any advice!
Ken

But I don't want to go among mad people,
Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:
we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat,
or you wouldn't have come here.