[ale] OT: Office lighting

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Apr 30 08:56:09 EDT 2002

I'm in the process of finishing up my new home office and was hoping to
pick some brains here.  I'm currently working with a couple table lamps
strategically placed along with a ceiling fan/light kit.  Total 3 bulbs,
120 watts.  I didn't want to use flouresent lighting as I didn't want
interference from the lamps to screw with on my electonics in here.  I
know, I know, the ceiling fan has a HUGE motor, but it's a necessity
until I get the air conditioning installed. :)  Thing is, all offices
have flouresent lighting.  I know it's cheaper, but it is better on the
eyes?  Am I worrying needlessly over the flouresent issue?

Any pointers would be appreciated as I've checked various web sites on
'home office' lighting computer and they still often suggest flouresent.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net