[ale] Subject line: Refer-A-Friend for DIRECTV DSL(tm) and get $50! (fwd)

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Fri Apr 26 14:14:39 EDT 2002

Paul D. Manno wrote:

> Folks,
>
> There are plenty of past discussions on this list about DSL providers.
> For every provider, there are good and bad stories.  Pick one with the
> understanding your actual mileage will vary.  ;-)

Yeah, except my "bad story" allues to something systemic, specifically,
effects of business competition that are harmful to the consumer.
DirecTV would have been in a position to sue BS over my case alone, but
there's no telling how many other people are getting similar treatment.

The moral to be learned here is that your DirecTV service might be just
hunky-dory (well, except maybe for the occasional surprise DNS and mail
server moves and the broken personal Web space server), but just wait
unitl something breaks that requires BellSouth's active cooperation to
fix.

And, if any of you are using Bellsouth DSL, do so knowing that they have
"stomp rights" on all other area DSL providers.

- Jeff