[ale] 802.11

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 25 12:39:13 EDT 2002

Joseph A Knapka wrote:

> Chris Fowler wrote:
>
> >Do you use the Netgear AP too?  What is the range like?  I'm looking at >untethering my laptop at
> >home.
>
> No, I use a D-Link DWL-900AP. I just went to Circuit City
> and bought whatever stuff was cheapest that day. It all
> plays together quite nicely.

I haven't really tried to test the range limits. It works
everywhere in my house, which is good enough for me.

OK, now I'm out in my driveway, no problem...

Across the street by the pool... starting to get a little flaky.

Seems to peter out between 170 and 200 feet from the
AP, which is inside my garage-office.

Cheers,

-- Joe
  Using open-source software: free.