[ale] ALS 2002

Vernard Martin vernard at cc.gatech.edu
Thu Apr 25 11:23:46 EDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 11:55, Chris Farris wrote:
> > has a date been established?
> My cynical nature says never - but don't hold me to that.

i'm not a cynic, I prefer to think of myself as a realist. In the
current economic climate, it is highly unlikely that we will be able to
do a show like the past ALS shows in Atlanta. However, there are
currently some plans being bandied about by for a much smaller show.

If you search the archives, a plan for a smaller show was presented to
this list and it met a surprinslyg UNDER-whelming response list. Whlie
many folks say that they want a show here, when asked for comments about
the proposed plan, we got less than 10 replies at all, much less replies
offereing help and the like. With that kind of response, it indicates to
me that there isn't enough support for an ALS proper. A large install
fest or geek-off is different and ALE can pull that off with no problem
with just the folks that come to the standard ALE meetings.

Hrm. Maybe we should create a signup page on the ALE twiki so folks can
list their desire to be involved. anyone remember the adddress?

Vernard Martin (vernard at cc.gatech.edu)
http://www.cc.gatech.edu/~vernard/
It takes years to build up trust but only suspicion, not proof, to
destroy it.