[ale] WINE guru?

keith frost pfrostie at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 25 06:19:07 EDT 2002

i don't know about guru, but i'll take a swing.

twards the bottom it starts complaining about
ikernel.exe.  this is common with applications that
use the newer installshield.  standard Wine does not
yet support the newer installshield/ikernel.exe.

is this a selfextracting zip or is it the applications
binary?

--- "ChangingLINKS.com"
<ChangingLINKS.com at bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I am getting this error message when I try to WINE a
> software program. Is
> this the error message of death, or can I do
> something to get this program
> running under Linux. Any veteran WINE users out
> there that can help me?
> TIA
> --
> Wishing you Happiness, Joy and Laughter,
> Drew
> http://www.ChangingLINKS.com
>
> [root at localhost local]# ./submissionwiz451.exe
> fixme:shell:ShellExecuteExA flags ignored:
> 0x000001c0
> fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Unknown directory 15
> ignored
> fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
> FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
> fixme:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Header type magic
> 0x47544c53 not supported.
> err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib
> c:\program files\common
> files\installshield\engine\6\intel 32\ikernel.exe
> failed with error 0x00000000
> err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib
> c:\program files\common
> files\installshield\engine\6\intel 32\ikernel.tlb
> failed with error 0x00000002
> fixme:ole:CoTreatAsClass (0x46c858,0x46e128), stub!
> fixme:ole:CoGetClassObject CLSCTX_LOCAL_SERVER  not
> supported!
> fixme:ole:CoCreateInstance no instance created for
> {91814ebf-b5f0-11d2-80b9-00104b1f6cea}, hres is
> 0x80070005[root at localhost
> local]#
>
> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general
> discussion list.
> info. Problems should be
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux