[ale] Apache is slow

Kevin O'Neill Stoll kevinostoll at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 24 11:31:17 EDT 2002

Jim,

When I logged at my error_log file I found that SSL was trying to start
but I don't have a cert so I stopped the virtual server that was trying to
listen on port 443 and I added the HostLookup off like Fletch suggested.

It seems that the SSL error was the bulk of my problem but I still have 2
others. When I first "hit" the server via IP address, it is slow to
response to my request. 2nd, it seems to be having trouble parsing a
server-side include. I have .html and .shtml add to the Handler:

#
# To use server-parsed HTML files
#
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .html

Making progress, just need to get these other 2 items.