[ale] fstab.REVOKE

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at ptek.com
Tue Apr 23 17:23:34 EDT 2002

	kudzu and its associate '/usr/sbin/updfstab' would be the major
candidate.

On 23 Apr 2002, James P. Kinney III wrote:

#What automatic process writes to the /etc/fstab.REVOKE file? Grepping
#the kernel source and google turned up zilch.
#
#I'm still fighting with the missing fstab entry. It shows up in
#fstab.REVOKE. I deleted fstab.REVOKE. It promptly reappeared on reboot
#with the offending line in it. It deleted the line and rebooted. It came
#back. As this line refers to a USB device, I dug through the kernel
#section for usb and usb mass-storage. No references to tampering with
#the conguration files.
#--
#James P. Kinney III   \Changing the mobile computing world/
#President and CEO      \          one Linux user         /
#Local Net Solutions,LLC \           at a time.          /
#770-493-8244             \.___________________________./
#
#GPG ID: 829C6CA7 James P. Kinney III (M.S. Physics)
#<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>
#Fingerprint = 3C9E 6366 54FC A3FE BA4D 0659 6190 ADC3 829C 6CA7
#
#
#
#---
#This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
#sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
#

Jerry Z. Yu					+1-404-262-8544 (O)
systems engineer				z.yu at voicecom.com