[ale] Certs + co-ops + interships + jobs?

exo exodous at m-net.arbornet.org
Tue Apr 23 15:19:44 EDT 2002

Hey everyone,

How is it going.

I have a question to ask.  My question is that I am a university student
(Kennesaw) and I am looking to find some co-ops,interships or job (full
time or part time) which is related with linux/unix/other or with network
security/programming or anything else.  Can someone guide me on how I can
get my foot in the door in the computer industry.  I have some
experience, and I do work for the school's IT department (tech support).

I could learn a lot from the people in this list.  I see that there are so
many people with experience, I would love to learn from you guys and gals.

I am quite serious about this, I even got a Linux certification (LPI), but
so far I don't see any offers coming my way.  I know that this summer I am
going for my RHCE.  I know certs is not the way, but it is an enhancement
on the resume.  Knowing the skills properly is more important than showing
off a piece of paper.  So I ask to improve my skills so it could help me
in career in the future.  I am sure when you all first started, it was
challenging, and I am pretty sure you all know what I am going through
right now.

Well everyone, that is it for me, if someone could help/guide me, I
would really appreciate it.

Thanks

peace :)

later,