[ale] Kernel problem

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Apr 20 09:38:47 EDT 2002

One thing that can help with this is the Linux virtual server project.
You can run a "base" linux kernel and new kernel inside it as virtual
machines. This lets you test out a kernel.

Once you do "make oldconfig", you _still_ need to do make [x|menu]config
as sometimes things do change that need manual intervention.

Also, you didn't mention which init scrip it was hanging on.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>