[ale] just don't "get" it . ..

Charles Shapiro charles.shapiro at nubridges.com
Tue Apr 16 13:14:19 EDT 2002

Uh, actually your problem is more likely that the "/data" directory does
not exist on your local machine.  Try "!ls -l /data" from your ftp
prompt to verify that. Another possibility is that you lack privilege to
write to that directory. The "ls" command will tell you whether
/home/usr/file.tgz exists  (on the FTP server). If it had not, I would
expect you to get the error "/home/usr/file.tgz" does not exist.

-- CHS