[ale] watching traffic

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Tue Apr 16 00:02:06 EDT 2002

Try the Firewall Forensics FAQ:
http://www.robertgraham.com/pubs/firewall-seen.html

Also note that sometimes packets coming into high port numbers may
simply be leftover junk from an outgoing connection that your computer
has closed but which the other end still thinks is open.  What kind of
packets are coming to these ports?  Actual incoming connection attempts
will be TCP "SYN" packets.

Krum