[ale] OT: Funny

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Apr 15 21:44:43 EDT 2002

This from Eric Raymond's "How to be a Hacker"

Q: I've been cracked. Will you help me fend off further attacks?

A: No. Every time I've been asked this question so far, it's been from some
poor sap running Microsoft Windows. It is not possible to effectively secure
Windows systems against crack attacks; the code and architecture simply have
too many flaws, which makes securing Windows like trying to bail out a boat
with a sieve. The only reliable prevention starts with switching to Linux or
some other operating system that is designed to at least be capable of
security.

I just thought it to be a little funny.