[ale] Semi OT

Jim Philips jcphil at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 15 20:42:28 EDT 2002

I should probably elaborate. Through the use of Excel's pivot tables and an
ODBC, you can exercise very tight control over what database field goes into
which cell. You can then do other calculations on the imported data. But this
is a very fast solution. If you can define the ODBC source on each desktop,
then you can create your spreadsheet and just send it to the users. This
usually beats doing a lot of exporting and importing. I know you can set up
MyODBC or UNIX ODBC on the Linux box.