[ale] root?

keith frost pfrostie at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 15 11:10:44 EDT 2002

it varies with the application.
if i'm running with a background i normally start it
up in my .xinitrc.

some application like xscreensaver, xearth that are
intended to run that way don't need any special
switches.
others like imagemagic or xv you will need to check
man for the swithches.

--- stephen turner <Artic_Knight at yahoo.com> wrote:
> how do i run processes in the root window? like
> screensavers and programs?
>
> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general
> discussion list.
> info. Problems should be
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

=====
phrostie
Oh I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS
http://www.freelists.org/webpage/cad-linux