[ale] mac v pc

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 13 16:33:18 EDT 2002

:) ahh the trueth, new computers are over rated! but
alas, i am too head strong and gave into a new 1.4 ghz
comp. i am proud to say tho when installing and using
linux among computers the only use that extra 9oo mhz
is doing is bragging rights, well almost, it makes
things a little snappier :) you should have seen the
look my cfo gave me when i said "hey try linux, ill
make a boot cd for you that wont change your computer
at all but will demonstrate the power of linux" he was
like shrugging it off ... i wish i had server access
to prove it! well ok maybe not server access (could
screw something up) but give me one of those old
desktops (500 mhz 128 sdram) i betya money i could do
the same tasks those dual 800 are doing under win2k!
well close enough anyways, especially the ones running
sql, damn those buggers are slow for a dual system!
ahh, i wish i had some cool stories like that to tell.
i do have one thing to say tho if anyone is interested
im working on getting a site up (anyone got a
recommended registrar?) that i will host 2 iso's from
one is gentoo linux cd (under 100 meg hopefully) and
one debian (about 75 meg) these should be properly
configured when im done so that you can do in essance
(if it works) a LFS system with them :) just mount the
partition and apt-get/emerge only what you need, and
its dependencies. has anyone seen anything like this?
just wondering if i have competition ;) also would
like to check them out.