[ale] perl help

Ken Nagorski kenn at pcintelligent.com
Fri Apr 12 10:12:16 EDT 2002

Try this,

open(FILE, "lalala");
while(<FILE>)
{
        $_ =~ s/\r\n/\n/;
        print($_);
}

Replace of course, with your filename...

Also - in vi,

:%s/^M//g

NOTE!!! The ^M you see is put there by holding down Ctrl+v (this says, "hey
vi - the key a control char") Then, still holding down the Ctrl key hit m,
this will place the ^M in there and then you are set, type the rest out and
hit enter... and remeber, real geeks do it with vi!

Thanks
Ken