[ale] ESD /dev/dsp and setup

phrostie pfrostie at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 11 18:54:52 EDT 2002

is there a guide or utility for setting up esd.
my sounds works great with many different apps.
i've been trying to get esd working so that i can have sound on xine.
but no dice.

i get:

# esd
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 44.1Khz, stereo, 16bit failed
Trying 44.1Khz, 8bit stereo.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 44.1Khz, stereo, 8bit failed
Trying 48Khz, 16bit stereo.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 44.1Khz, stereo, 8bit failed
Trying 22.05Khz, 8bit stereo.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 22.05Khz, stereo, 8bit failed
Trying 44.1Khz, 16bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 44.1Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 22.05Khz, 8bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 22.05Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 11.025Khz, 8bit stereo.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 11.025Khz, stereo, 8bit
failed
Trying 11.025Khz, 8bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 11.025Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 8.192Khz, 8bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Audio device open for 8.192Khz, mono, 8bit failed
Trying 8Khz, 8bit mono.
audio_alsa: no cards found!Sound device inadequate for Esound. Fatal.

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
http://www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux