[ale] Determining # of disks on Dell with PERCRaid

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Thu Apr 11 14:19:46 EDT 2002

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 02:15:37PM -0400, Gene Matthews wrote:
> I'm trying to gather some system spec info (remotely) on a Dell 2550
> server with Dell's PERCRaid controller.  I'm trying to determine the
> number of physical disks.  Dell has a bios level setup to use to
> configure the 'containers' as I recall which was how this was originally
> set up.

http://domsch.com/linux/  is an excellent resource for Linux on Dell
servers.  Among other things, you will find tools for manipulating the
PERC cards under Linux.

Good luck.  :)

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                    pizzaATfucktheusers.org
I ain't broke, but I'm badly bent.                           ICQ# 1318344

 PGP signature