[ale] Error running RH 7.2

Jeff Layton laytonjb at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 9 16:14:06 EDT 2002

Hello,

   I think I posted this before, but just to be on the safe
side, I thought would ask the question again.
   I have a newly built AMD box (Epox 8HKA+ MB).
I could never get the X installer to come up (tried a S3
Savage 2000 card and a Diamond Stealth III/S540 card).
So, I did the text install. I think everything installed OK.
Oh, I've got a WD WD200BB HD on a ATA 100 cable.
   When the box boots, I see the following error message
throughout the boot process,

p->minfo.mi_magic2 == 0x5555

I searched the web and found only one real reference to
this problem. They suggested a new (better) IDE cable.
I tried that and I still get the same error message.
   I also get the same error message during shutdown.
   Anybody have any ideas? Should I email the kernel list?
Alan Cox? (this is a RH 7.2 installation after all :)

TIA,

Jeff