[ale] Motif

Terry Lee Tucker terry at esc1.com
Tue Apr 9 09:52:04 EDT 2002

Chris Fowler wrote:

> I want to begin a little Motif programming.  Is the OpenGroup finally
> giveing it
> away free?  How can I get the development kit?  Are there any good online
> documents on
> how to program using this toolkit?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris Fowler
>
> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

We do Motif programming. I don't know if OpenGroup is giving it away. You can
use lesstif instead of Motif. I have never worked with it, but I believe that
it is supposed to work like Motif. The lesstif web site is
http://www.lesstif.org. It is free for download.

As for online books, you can download these in various formats from
http://www.ist.co.uk/motif:
Volume 6A is the Motif Programming Manual
Volume 6B is the Motif Reference Manual

--
Sparta, NC 28675 USA
336.372.6812