[ale] postgre help

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 8 16:53:59 EDT 2002

Ned Williams wrote:

> hey gang does anyone know what postgres is complaing about when its
> configure script wines:
>
> checking types of arguments for accept()... configure: error: could not
> determine argument types
> ??

configure is complaining that it cannot ficure out the
proper argument types to pass to the accept() system
call. This would generally be due to a header file problem.

Just a guess, but:

1) Are you compiling with gcc?
2) Have you run fixincludes on the system header files?
    I'm assuming this is a system where gcc is not the
    native compiler; such systems often have K&R-isms
    in their include files that must be fixed before
    gcc and configure scripts that depend upon it will
    work properly.

Cheers,

-- Joe

--