[ale] zmodem from dialup ?

Christopher christopher at bergeron.com
Mon Apr 8 16:27:16 EDT 2002

Does anyone know how I can dial up a system (not PPP - just plain
terminal style) and do a ZMODEM (or other) download using Linux?  I'd
like to put the file into /tmp and go from there.

I can do it with Minicom manually; but I'd really like to script/cron it
since it happens quite frequently.

- I've looked at "cu" but it doesn't seem to play well with "sz"
(Zmodem)
- I've looked at "dip" but it seems to be best suited for IP usage
- I've looked at "chat" but I'm not sure how to integrate it with "sz"
(Zmodem)
- I've looked into scripting with Minicom but I'm not sure how to do the
download portion, or if it's possible.

Can anyone recommend which I should choose or provide me with a sample
script that has the zmodem (sz) functionality so I can learn from it.
The minicom scripts are sparse at best, and I haven't found clear
documentation on any of the above.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Thanks,
CB