[ale] basic php/mysql cms?

Ian Kennedy ikennedy at woa.com
Thu Apr 4 16:39:10 EST 2002

I've been looking for a lightweight content management system that uses php and mysql.

By lightweight, I mean that my major requirements are to allow my customers to add and modify short text-based documents such as press-releases - The most formatting they would need would be bold, italic, and *maybe* unordered lists. Also, I will need it to plug these press-releases, etc., into an already designed page.

Everything that I have been looking at seems more geared towards portals and blogging (postNuke, et al.).

Can anyone recommend a nice open-source solution?

Thanks in advance,
Ian Kennedy

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 5.00.3315.2870" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px; MARGIN-TOP: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=1>I've been looking for a lightweight content management system
that uses php and mysql. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>By lightweight, I mean that my major requirements are to allow
my customers to add and modify short text-based documents such as press-releases
- The most formatting they would need would be bold, italic, and *maybe*
unordered lists. Also, I will need it to plug these press-releases, etc., into
an already designed page.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Everything that I have been looking at seems more geared
towards portals and blogging (postNuke, et al.).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Can anyone recommend a nice open-source solution?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=1>Ian Kennedy</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>