[ale] linux's flavor of remote validation?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Apr 3 23:24:10 EST 2002

Provided you are behind a firewall, NIS and NFS have been used
successfully to do exactly that. NIS provides the login authentication
and NFS provides the /home/user directory structure.

LDAP is the replacement for both. I have not used it yet. There is
copious documentation for it. www.ldap.org

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>