[ale] Unisys and Microsoft's way out

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Wed Apr 3 12:46:55 EST 2002

This WeHaveTheWayOut debacle the funniest Microsoft blunder I've read about
in a long time.  In case anyone hasn't been following Slashdot, Microsoft
and Unisys came up with this UNIX-bashing site at
http://www.wehavethewayout.com.  Unfortunately for them, C|NET and others
caught wind of the fact that the site was running Apache on FreeBSD.  They
quickly updated DNS to point to a different site running IIS on Win2K, and
within 24 hours the new site crashed and burned.  C|NET reported that
development, too.  The site is still down.  LOL!  (Meanwhile,
http://www.wehavethewayin.com is running just fine.)

Krum