[ale] Unisys and Microsoft's way out

Charles Shapiro cshapiro at nubridges.com
Wed Apr 3 12:03:10 EST 2002

Oh mah gawd. I just got a phone call from a Unisys salesman who
apparently thought I had gotten an email ad (spam?) re the
"wehavethewayout" site. I reckon his long-term goal was to sell me one
of those 32-way ES7000 Winders systems. I reckon it'd crash Windows 95
pretty way fast. He was very courteous, even when I told him that we're
using Open Source and lovin' it.  He also claimed that the site (
http://wehavethewayout.com ) was back on the air. Alas, when I checked
it five minutes ago it turned out that he was mistaken.

So it goes in the wonderful world of closed-source software marketing.
I'll email the two pdfs I pulled off the site for if requested.

-- CHS