[ale] question about ASUS vid cards in RH 7.2

Jeff Rose jojerose at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 3 09:01:06 EST 2002

	Well I have RH7.2 and GeForce2 MX 200 card and am still having major
problems with crashes.  I thought downgrading to an older driver had
solved my problem but it hasn't.  My next step is to go back to the
generic nv driver and see if that stops the crashing.  Unfortunately
I'll lose 3D capability.  But I need to pinpoint the problem.  Others
seem to be having these problems too, check out newsgroups as well as
nvidia's forums.  I'm not sure if this relates to the kernel RH7.2 uses
or if its a general bug in the driver.  But I'm leaning toward some
compatability issue with RH7.2 as I've not seen anyone complain about
the problem with another distro.
	I know I'm sick of the crashes.  Having used SuSE for 6 months or so
with no problems I have come to expect a life without crashing. Good
luck and godspeed....