[ale] Booting from CD-ROM

sangell at nan.net sangell at nan.net
Tue Apr 2 12:33:53 EST 2002

Are you sure the .iso image wasn't corrupt? Did you check the md5
checksums?? What version? It is possible the version you are trying doesn't
have a boot from CD option. If all else fails, try replacing the CD-Rom if
you have another available. I have had instances when the CD-Rom itself
would not boot CD's created from iso. It has been rare but I have seen it.

All I can think of, anyone else?

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
\_    Steve Angell,  MCSE, CCNA           _/
\_    MIS Operations Manager               _/
\_    TSYS Debt Management             _/
\_    Norcross, GA                                   _/
\_    Phone 770-409-5570                    _/
\_    Fax      770-416-1752                   _/

                    Kevin O'Neill
                    Stoll                To:     ale at ale.org
                    <kevinostoll at y       cc:
                    ahoo.com>            Subject:     [ale] Booting from CD-ROM

                    04/02/2002
                    12:25 PM

Hey all,

A while back I downloaded the 2 ISO's from the gatech ftp mirror. I was
going to do an install today from CD-rom, seeing as how I burnt the images
to cd.

Unforetunately, even after I confirmed that my bios was set-up to boot
from cd first in order I still can not get it to boot from cd.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Kevin Stoll

be