[ale] Closure - Re: [ale] Back to the Future!

David S. Jackson deepbsd at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 2 09:51:19 EST 2002

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 10:06:08AM -0500 John Mills <jmmills at telocity.com> wrote:
> OOPS! WHOOPIE!! The box now found and booted the kernel I had previously
> installed, came up with its 'login:' prompt and obediently started X11/KDE
> at 'startx'. Now I have to learn how to manage the new baby.

Excellent!  Congrats!

I'm wondering if there's a special bug in your bios or a feature
needed for freebsd so this non-drive recognition doesn't happen
to others.  What do you think?

Maybe I'm out to lunch, but doesn't linux recognize the drive
geometry even if the bios doesn't get it right?  Seems like
Freebsd should be capable of that too.

/me scratches his noggin...

David S. Jackson                        dsj at dsj.net