[ale] HOWTO->hookup a videocam to.....

Calvin Harrigan charrig at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 19 20:50:24 EDT 2001

Now there is something I would like to get going.  I've being throwing around
ideas about a "poor guy tivo" for sometime.  I was hoping that the wintv PVR
from Hauppauge would have been supported by linux, but unfortunately it's
not.  It has a built in mpeg2 encoder/decoder.  Most of hauppauges other pci
cards work though.  From what I understand it works very well under the other
OS.  Does anyone have any links, ideas, about software/hardware that could
help in implementing a tivo type device in linux?  I had a dozen or so links
on an other machine that's not accessible anymore.

Thanks,
Calvin

--
In case of emergency, type (as root)