[ale] AIIGHH!! Anyone know howto restore my partition table?

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at innoverse.com
Tue Sep 18 15:31:27 EDT 2001

I really just screwed up. I had a program open and write to /dev/hdc.
I stopped it before it got too far (about 8 or 9MB I think) and I haven't
rebooted so I'm still alive.
/dev/hdc1 is /boot
/dev/hdc7 is /
/dev/hdg1 is /home (fortunately cause that's where my data is).
/boot is gone and my partition table on hdc is wiped out. hdc7 seems just
fine but it won't be back unless I can restore the partition table. I've got
space on hdg to back it up onto (which I'm about to do). Is there a backup
partition table somewhere or a clean way to restore the partition settings
without wiping everything out. Unfortunately I don't know what my partition
settings were for hdc.

thanx & later,

	Ben Scherrey