[ale] mysql and high load levels

Joseph Andrew Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 10 16:03:10 EDT 2001

Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> Jenn -
>
> If it were me - and please understand that I have very, very little
> experience with MySQL - but I'd try going back to a 2.2 kernel first.

Seconded (including the disclaimer :-). There seem to be a number of
ways the 2.4 kernels can snafu WRT memory management. When your load
goes up, what process(es) are using all that CPU? I'll place a small
wager on kswapd.

Cheers,

--
# Joe Knapka
# "You know how many remote castles there are along the