[ale] linux load levels, pt II

djinn at djinnspace.com djinn at djinnspace.com
Mon Sep 10 20:04:12 EDT 2001

I knew there was a third thing:  I've had 2 hard drives (one SCSI, one
IDE) in two entirely different machines (one new, one about 8 months old
and battle tested) show up with bad blocks in the last week...supposedly
IBM's power supply is regulated in many ways and should not be the cause
of this...but at what point do I ask them for a line test just to make
sure??  I'm wondering if power spikes are causing the problems that I'm
blaming on MySQL...since it's writing to disk quite a bit, and the other
servers are doing almost all reading, I wouldn't notice as much on other
servers...

TIA
jenn