[ale] MAC Addresses

Leonard Thornton Leonard at Intelis-inc.net
Mon Sep 10 14:40:18 EDT 2001

You could if Winblows would allow you to specify a MAC address, which I do
not believe it allows you to do....

At 01:19 PM 9/10/2001 -0500, Jason Lynn wrote:
>I was wondering if the following is possible...
>For the sake of argument, lets assume that I only have two computers.  :)
>Computer A is my gateway / firewall and computer B is my Windows box used
>for gaming, etc.  Computer A has two NICs, NIC1 (connected to the net),
>NIC2 (connected to internal LAN).  Computer B has one NIC on the internal
>LAN, NIC3.  To connect to my cable modem service, my MAC address on my
>external NIC has to be a certain value, X.  So naturally, NIC1 has the MAC
>Address X.  Ok, now I want to host some game server on my Windows box.  I
>was wondering if it were possible to set NIC3's MAC to X as well so I
>could just move my cable modem connection to NIC3 instead of NIC1.  NIC1
>and NIC3 will never be talking directly to each other.  Would this cause
>any conflicts / trouble?
>TIA,
>Jason

The difficult while you wait.....the impossible overnight.

Leonard Thornton
Intelis, Inc.
5960 Crooked Creek Rd
Suite 30
Norcross, GA  30092

Office: 770.825.0032
Fax:            770.825.0028
Cellular:       404.583.5402
Pager:          888.785.9188
Email:          Leonard at Intelis-Inc.net
http://www.intelis-inc.com
http://www.intelis-inc.net