[ale] Ideas for backup internet connection?

Chris Egolf cegolf at ugholf.net
Fri Sep 7 09:16:16 EDT 2001

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Byron A Jeff wrote:

> AT&T broadband seems to have rolling episodes where the entire Atlanta
> area is unavailable. While there is supposedly a dialup backup, it's very
> time limited.

After yesterday's episode, AT&T Broadband seems to be have forgotten to
block port 80 when they brought it back up.  I noticed this because the
data light was once again constantly flashing.  Sure enough, more code red
attempts.  Oh well.  At least I can run my web server on a standard port
until they remember to start blocking it again.

                               Chris Egolf
             https://www.ugholf.net     cegolf at ugholf.net
   Note the HTTPS above.  Thanks AT&T Broadband, Code Red and Micro$oft!