[ale] PCI Gigabite Ethernet cards

tewkewl at mindspring.com tewkewl at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 6 15:50:28 EDT 2001

I'm almost positive that 3com wouldn't put the effort into the linux/unix drivers as they do the win32 drivers, but as far as the win32 world goes, these card rock!  3com's latest drivers even support encryption to and from their gig nics.  (I'm not sure if they have implemented the same at thr 100base level or not)

Of course I have always been a 3c fan when it coes to SOHO and nics...It's a shame their core blows chunks... :)

-Patrick

Vernard Martin <vernard at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:

Anyone have suggestions about Gigabit Ethernet cards? the 2.4.5 kernel
supports Intel PRO/1000s and 3com cards. I've had a bit of experience
with the older Intel cards and I wasn't impressed with the drivers. was
wondering if anyone else had any experience and could recommend one over
the other.