[ale] AT&T Roadrunner Cable

Jason Lynn jason_lynn_ at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 09:08:44 EDT 2001

Well, I come back after the weekend and for some reason my connection is
dead.  I am getting an IP from DHCP just fine, but I couldn't ping the
gateway or anything else for that matter.  After chatting with AT&T, I found
out that my modem transmit power is too low.  Has anyone else come across
this problem???
~
I have a technician coming out on Friday.  This means I'll have to move my
NIC from my Linux box to my Win box so I don't confuse the tech (or give
him/her an excuse to walk out).  This is going to be an pain in the...
neck... so if anyone out there knows where to find the "overdrive" switch
for the shark-fin 3com cable modem, I'd appreciate it.  ;)
~
Jason