[ale] dumb apache/memory question

C I comidio at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 4 15:57:14 EDT 2001

First I am by far from an apache/memory expert, but I
do think that free gives you a better picture of your
memory usage.  The idea is that linux caches memory
for later use(experts feel to correct this).  You will
want to read up on free's output to understand what is
telling you.  But I had a similar situation where I
looked at top and freaked out at my memory usage.  But
after checking free things made more sense.  No real
help but my couple of pennies.

CI