[ale] xvidtune a no-show

Jeff Hubbs jhubbs at telocity.com
Sun Sep 2 13:10:44 EDT 2001

Hope everyone is having a nice Labor Day holiday.

I solved my 640x480 X problem by changing the modeline in XF86Config; I
now have a working display.

EXCEPT, now I have a screen alignment problem.  The monitor in question
has horiz and vert position controls but no size controls, and the
display is excessively tall.

Xvidtune, you say?  So does everything else I've read.  The only problem
is, when I start xvidtune from a terminal window within X, it prints an
xsync and ysync range and then...nothing else happens.  It doesn't end,
but nothing else ever appears.  Have I done something wrong?

- Jeff