[ale] ATI Radeon VE and X 4.0.3

Wandered Inn esoteric at denali.atlnet.com
Sat Sep 1 23:20:59 EDT 2001

I purchased an ATI Radeon VE card a while back and couldn't get it to
work.  I returned it, and have since purchased another.  I've
successfully installed this one and am now attempting to configure X for
it.  I understood that this card was supported but I'm having a tough
time creating a valid config file.

X -configure tells me it sees a valid card, but doesn't have the proper info
to configure it.  I've done a few searches on google regarding this
card, but not found much help.  I did find one reference to an
XFree86-ati driver rpm, but I can't seem to locate this thing either.
It's not on my Mandrake 8 cds and I couldn't find it on rpmfind.net

Suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Later, Geoffrey