[ale] Apache question

Keith Hopkins hne at inetnow.net
Sun Oct 28 00:54:39 EDT 2001

Ken Nagorski wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Either I am an idiot and the information I need is right in what you sent
> me or, I am only a partial idiot and I did not make the nature of my
> problem clear.
>
> If I go to lets say, http://web.pcintelligent.com/~kenn/resume.php That is
> fine! Howver... If I removet the resume.php from the end of the URL and
> there is no index page in ~kenn/public_html I get a 403. See what I mean.
>
> I don't see anything in the UserDir directive that fixes that. I thought
> that it had to do with the IndexOptions options directive however that is
> set to IndexOptions FancyIndexing on the webserer.
>
> OK, I hope that clears up the confusion. At any rate, thank you for your
> advice.
>
> Ken

Hi Ken,

   That's an easy one (and I just tested it to make sure!)  403 is a FORBIDDEN error.  ~/public_html does not have READ permission for OTHER.  You can get to resume.php because it DOES have READ permissions for OTHER.

Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith

--
"hne at inetnow.net" Copyright 1996-2001.  Not for distribution without express permission.