[ale] Linux+VMWare+Windows+Cluster ????

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Fri Oct 26 11:27:09 EDT 2001

  Got one from the windows guys I HAVE to help with.  They want to take a
quad proc Dell, load a stable linux on it.  Put VMWare on that, put windows
in the VMWare and "cluster" the windows boxes.....

  I about hit the floor at this thought.

  One major snag.  The cluster software REQUIRES shared scsi attached
software, yeah, arguably stupid to require this to install but it does.
The box has scsi cards and disks, but of course VMWare sees this as IDE.
Has anyone worked with getting this to be shown as scsi for this clustering
software?

  I'm digging around the vmware site, but as usually, not getting too
far with them unless I wanna file an incident.

Robert

:wq!
                                \_       that important!
DISCLAIMER: