[ale] DevFS and Mandrake 8.1

Michael Golden naugrimk at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 12:18:45 EDT 2001

Hello all,
With my recent upgrade to Mandrake 8.1, I have experienced some odd problems
which I attribute to the use of DevFS in 8.1. My sound doesn't work half of
the time. If I play with sndconfig choosing the same options as before and
try loading and unloading the sound module a couple times or so, it will
sometimes work but not always. Also, my second hard drive, just disappeared.
It is /dev/hdc and fdisk doesn't report it as there and it doesn't show up in
/dev at all. Does anyone know how I can get it to come back and make my sound
work correctly like it did in 8.0?

Michael