[ale] no X windows because of 2.2->2.4 upgrade............

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Tue Oct 23 08:59:25 EDT 2001

Morning,

I see you chose the dist-upgrade path. It removed all of the x stuff.

here is some basics http://tinyplanet.ca/pubs/debian/html/c284.html

You will need to install the majority of the x packages by hand, cause
task-* packages may also be broken.
have you tried looking for packages using aptitude ? It will tell you
of available packages and installed packages so you can see what is missing.

Tomas